Airlines Serving Changi Airport
Singapore is a major air hub. Most large international airlines have routes to Singapore, in addition to the island's own highly regarded airline, Singapore Airlines.
A number of regional airlines, especially budget carriers, call on Singapore, and a few of them are even based there. Here's a short list:
- Silk Air
- This regional subsidiary of Singapore Airline flies to destinations such as Yangon, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and many cities in Indonesia.
- Air Asia
- Air Asia is Malaysia's discount domestic carrier. If you book well in advance you can get some absolutely rock bottom fares. Air Asia flies to Singapore from Kuala Lumpur.
- Jet Star Asia
- One of Singapore's own home grown budget carriers. We've actually found flying with Jet Star to be a rather pleasant experience. [Review]
- The low-cost subsidiary of Singapore Airlines flies out of the island state to most major regional destinations.
- Tiger Airways
- Probably the largest of Singapore's budget carriers. Destinations include - sometimes on a seasonal basis - Chiang Mai, Phuket, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang, Macau and Manila. See my review of Tiger Airways for more information.