Security at Bangkok's Don Muang Airport
Security at Don Muang Airport is typical of most domestic airports in Thailand. The most important things to note are that:
- international liquid, aerosol and gel rules apply; and
- you will need your passport for check-in and identity checks.
With the above preparations in mind, you'll find no problem with the security measures at Don Muang:
- All of your checked bags, but not you, need to be scanned before you can reach the check-in counters.
- There's another security scan to go through before you can get into the departure lounge. Any laptop or liquids should be removed from your carry-on bag and scanned separately. You do not normally need to remove your belt or shoes.
- After the security scan, there's an identity check to go through. You must show your boarding pass and passport to the staff at the gate before boarding the aircraft.