Airlines Serving Bali
The list below shows the domestic and regional airlines that service Bali. If flying to Bali from Europe, you may wish to consider Thai or Singapore airlines, which will involve a change of planes in Bangkok or Singapore, respectively. Flights from North America typically involve transits of Taiwan, Japan or Hong Kong.
- Air Asia
- Air Asia is Malaysia's discount domestic carrier, with domestic operations in Thailand and Indonesia as well. If you book well in advance you can get some absolutely rock bottom fares.
- Batavia Air
- Small domestic airline. At last check, web site had no English language version and no online reservation capability.
- Garuda Indonesia
- Garuda is the national carrier of Indonesia. They have a large regional network of routes to bring visitors to Indonesia, and of course they have a domestic network which serves the major cities in Indonesia. They have, from time to time, offered heavy discounts (50%) on domestic flights for people coming to Indonesia via Garuda. See full review of Garuda Indonesia for more information.
- Lion Air
- Very large carrier, covering about 20 cities in Indonesia, and international connections to Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Singapore.
- Malaysia Air System
- The Malaysian national carrier flies internationally between Kuala Lumpur and major cities around the world, including Bali.
- Mandala Airlines
- Covers major cities in Indonesia, including Jakarta, Bali, Yogyakarta and Surabaya. Aside from Garuda, Mandala is the only other Indonesian airline with an internationally recognized safety accreditation.
- Merpati Airline
- Another large Indonesian carrier, with an extensive domestic network and international connections to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Has a reputation for very bad service.
- Singapore Airlines
- The Singaporean national airline flies daily between Singapore and Bali.
- Thai Airways
- The Thai national carrier flies daily to Bali from Bangkok.
In addition to the above, other airlines include American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, EVA Airways, Gulf Air, Japan Airlines International, Korean Air, Qantas Airways, Sriwijaya Air and United Airlines.