Airlines Serving Phnom Penh
Phnom Penh is well connected to the rest of Southeast Asia, but there are few direct flights to further destinations. Most visitors coming from Europe or even North America typically fly through Bangkok or Singapore. Additional options for North Americans include flying via Hong Kong, Taipei, Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
- Bangkok Airways
- Bangkok-based "boutique airline" Bangkok Airways flies to Phnom Penh from Bangkok. They also serve Siem Reap, and many other heritage destinations around Southeast Asia.
See our review of Bangkok Airways.
- Cambodia Angkor Air
- The new (August 2009) national carrier started by connecting Siem Reap, Phnom Penh and Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon). More routes are sure to added eventually.
- Malaysia Air System
- The Malaysian national carrier flies internationally between Kuala Lumpur and major cities around the world. They are definitely an option if traveling to Phnom Penh from Europe, or even North America.
- Silk Air
- This regional subsidiary of Singapore Airlines flies from Singapore to both Phnom Penh and Siem Reap.
- Singapore Airlines
- The Singaporean national airline flies daily between Singapore and Phnom Penh.
- Thai Airways
- The Thai national carrier flies daily to Phnom Penh from Bangkok.
- Vietnam Airlines
- The Viet national carrier flies to both Siem Reap and Phnom Penh from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).
In addition to the above, other airlines include China Airlines, China Southern, Dragon Air, EVA Airlines and Lao Aviation.