Airlines serving Tan Son Nhat International Airport
Ho Chi Minh City's Tan Son Nhat international airport (code: SGN) is the main gateway for flights arriving from other countries. Most major international airlines fly to the city. Alternatively, visitors coming from Europe may fly into Bangkok and then on to Ho Chi Minh City via Thai or Vietnam Airlines.
Domestic Airlines Serving Ho Chi Minh City
There are as yet only two domestic carriers flying within Vietnam.
- Vietnam Airlines
- The Viet national carrier flies to Ho Chi Minh City from major cities around the world, as well as from other cities in Vietnam.
- Pacific Airlines
- The only other domestic airline in Vietnam. It is a little cheaper than Vietnam Airlines, but isn't really a budget carrier. Also serves Taiwan.
Regional Airlines Serving Saigon
All the major regional airlines, as well as a few low cost carriers, fly into Ho Chi Minh City.
- Bangkok Airways
- The region's only "boutique" airline built the airport and flies to Saigon from Bangkok.
- Jet Star Asia
- The Asian subsidiary of this Australian carrier is based in Singapore, and flies from there to Ho Chi Minh City. We've actually found flying with Jet Star to be a rather pleasant experience.
- Malaysia Air System
- The Malaysian national carrier flies internationally between Kuala Lumpur and major cities around the world.
- Singapore Airlines
- The Singaporean national airline flies daily between Singapore and Hanoi.
- Thai Airways
- The Thai national carrier flies daily to Hanoi from Bangkok.
- Tiger Airways
- Budget Singaporean carrier with daily flights direct to Hanoi from Singapore.
International Airlines Flying to Ho Chi Minh City
Most of the big international carriers call in at Saigon. From North Asia, there's Air China, ANA, Asiana, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, EVA, Japan Airlines and Korean Air. From Europe comes Air France, Finnair, KLM and Lufthansa. United flies into Ho Chi Minh from the USA.