Airlines Serving Hanoi International Airport Guide
Hanoi's small international airport (code: HAN) is a little less well served by international airlines than Ho Chi Minh City. Visitors coming from Europe may fly into Bangkok and then on to Hanoi via Thai or Vietnam Airlines. From the Americas, there are flights via Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Domestic Airlines serving Noi Bai Airport
There are as yet only two domestic carriers flying within Vietnam.
- Vietnam Airlines
- The Viet national carrier flies to Hanoi from major cities around the world, as well as from other cities in Vietnam.
- Pacific Airlines
- The only other domestic airline in Vietnam. It is a little cheaper than Vietnam Airlines, but isn't really a budget carrier. Also serves Taiwan.
All the major regional airlines, as well as a few low cost carriers, fly into Hanoi.
- Air Asia
- The region's biggest budget carrier flies to Hanoi from both Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. If considering Air Asia, it's important to keep in mind that the fares go up the closer you get to your departure date. To get the cheapest fares you need to book at least three months in advance.
- Malaysia Air System
- The Malaysian national carrier flies internationally between Kuala Lumpur and major cities around the world.
- Singapore Airlines
- The Singaporean national airline flies daily between Singapore and Hanoi.
- Thai Airways
- The Thai national carrier flies daily to Hanoi from Bangkok.
- Tiger Airways
- Budget Singaporean carrier with daily flights direct to Hanoi from Singapore.