Airlines Serving Makassar
Makassar's airport is well connected to Jakarta and Bali, forming something of a hub for Eastern Indonesia.
- Air Asia
- Air Asia started as Malaysia's discount domestic carrier, and now has international routes connecting its affiliates in Thailand and Indonesia. If you book well in advance you can get some absolutely rock bottom fares.
- Batavia Air
- Small domestic airline. At last check, web site had no English language version and no online reservation capability.
- Garuda Indonesia
- Garuda is the national carrier of Indonesia. The have a global network of routes to bring visitors to Indonesia, and of course they have a domestic network which serves the major cities in Indonesia. They have, from time to time, offered heavy discounts (50%) on domestic flights for people coming to Indonesia via Garuda.
- Lion Air
- Very large carrier, covering about 20 cities in Indonesia, and international
connections to Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Singapore.
- Mandala Airlines
- Covers major cities in Indonesia, including Jakarta, Bali, Yogyakarta and Surabaya.
- Merpati Airline
- Another large Indonesian carrier, with an extensive domestic network and international connections to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Has a reputation for very bad service.
- Sriwijaya Air
- Large domestic carrier that also flies to Singapore and Penang. Sriwijaya flies to a number of somewhat "out of the way" domestic destinations in Indonesia.