Airlines Serving Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta's airport is well connected to Jakarta and Bali, but not to many other cities. However, it was upgraded to an international airport in 2004, and is now served by flights from Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.
- Air Asia
- Air Asia started as Malaysia's discount domestic carrier, and now has international routes connecting its affiliates in Thailand and Indonesia. If you book well in advance you can get some absolutely rock bottom fares.
- Batavia Air
- Small domestic airline. At last check, web site had no English language version and no online reservation capability.
- Garuda Indonesia
- Garuda is the national carrier of Indonesia. The have a global network of routes to bring visitors to Indonesia, and of course they have a domestic network which serves the major cities in Indonesia. They have, from time to time, offered heavy discounts (50%) on domestic flights for people coming to Indonesia via Garuda.
- Lion Air
- Very large carrier, covering about 20 cities in Indonesia, and international connections to Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Singapore.
- Malaysia Air System
- The Malaysian national carrier flies internationally between Kuala Lumpur and major cities around the world.
- Mandala Airlines
- Covers major cities in Indonesia, including Jakarta, Bali, Yogyakarta and Surabaya.
- Merpati Airline
- Another large Indonesian carrier, with an extensive domestic network and international connections to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Has a reputation for very bad service.