Airlines Serving Jakarta
As Indonesia's capital, you could say "all flights lead to Jakarta." The airport is served by all regional airlines as well as the major international flag carriers.
- Air Asia
- Air Asia started as Malaysia's discount domestic carrier, and now has international routes connecting its affiliates in Thailand and Indonesia. If you book well in advance you can get some absolutely rock bottom fares.
- Batavia Air
- Small domestic airline. At last check, web site had no English language version and no online reservation capability.
- Garuda Indonesia
- Garuda is the national carrier of Indonesia. The have a global network of routes to bring visitors to Indonesia, and of course they have a domestic network which serves the major cities in Indonesia. They have, from time to time, offered heavy discounts (50%) on domestic flights for people coming to Indonesia via Garuda. See full review of Garuda Indonesia for more information.
- Lion Air
- Very large carrier, covering about 20 cities in Indonesia, and international connections to Kuala Lumpur, Penang and Singapore.
- Malaysia Air System
- The Malaysian national carrier flies internationally between Kuala Lumpur and major cities around the world.
- Mandala Airlines
- Covers major cities in Indonesia, including Jakarta, Bali, Yogyakarta and Surabaya.
- Merpati Airline
- Another large Indonesian carrier, with an extensive domestic network and international connections to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. Has a reputation for very bad service.
- Singapore Airlines
- The Singaporean national airline flies daily between Singapore and Jakarta.
- Thai Airways
- The Thai national carrier flies daily to Jakarta from Bangkok.
- Vietnam Airlines
- The Viet national carrier flies to Jakarta from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).
In addition to the above, other airlines include Air China, Air France, Air India, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, China Airlines, China Southern Airlines, Emirates, EVA Airways, Gulf Air, Japan Airlines International, Jatayu Airlines, KLM-Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Kuwait Airways, Lufthansa, Philippine Airline, Qantas Airways, Qatar Airways, Royal Brunei Airlines, Saudia, SriLankan Airlines, Sriwijaya Air, Valuair, Wings Air, Xpressair and Yemenia Yemen Airways.